How long does it take to get life insurance?
For a traditional term life insurance policy, it can take an average of eight weeks after your application is submitted to get the policy in your hands. At SelectQuote, we’re able to provide you with a life insurance quote the same day you start the process, but it’s important to remember the more detailed and factual the information you can provide, the better and more accurate the quote. Following your application, you’ll need to complete a basic medical exam, which takes less than an hour.
However, if you’re 60 years old or younger and in generally good health, you could qualify for our exclusive instant life insurance policy, which provides the same type of coverage as a traditional term policy but without the medical exam. When you need coverage without the wait, our no medical exam life insurance could be the right fit for you.
How is traditional life insurance different from no medical exam life insurance?
The primary difference between traditional life insurance and instant decision life insurance is that there’s no medical exam as part of the instant decision process. With no medical exam life insurance, there’s no waiting period between the application process, the medical exam, the underwriting, and the approval. If you’re in generally good health and 60 years old or younger, coverage could start the same day you apply, which typically takes under an hour.
At SelectQuote, we’re able to offer the same affordable life insurance coverage—with many policies less than $1 a day—now with no medical exam. You could apply and get approved for up to $2 million in coverage on the same day.
When does no medical life exam insurance make sense?
With inflation impacting the cost of everything, you may find yourself wondering if you have enough life insurance to protect your family in the event you pass away. This is just one example of when to consider no medical exam life insurance. Other reasons to consider include:
- You want an affordable life insurance rate but don’t want to wait the weeks it takes for a medical exam and underwriting
- A big life event you want to ensure you’re covered ahead of, like a wedding or a move across the country
- You’re generally healthy, age 60 years old or younger and don’t want the hassle of taking a medical exam
- Your lifestyle does not have the flexibility to take time out for the medical exam, such as if you frequently travel for work or are a full-time caregiver
How do I qualify for no medical exam life insurance?
If you’re under the age of 60 and in generally good health, qualifying for no medical exam life insurance is likely easier than you’d expect. We’ve streamlined this exclusive product to help you get approval in under an hour.
In addition to your general health information, the following can help determine if you qualify for no medical exam life insurance:
- Pharmacy Report – This typically lists all of the medications you’ve been prescribed over a certain number of years
- Motor Vehicle Department Report – Also known as your driving record
- Medical Insurance Bureau Report – This is used if you’ve applied for or been denied life insurance before
- Credit and/or Financial History – This can include how long you’ve had credit, the number of times you’ve applied for new accounts, your loan-to-debt ratio, etc.
What happens if I don’t qualify for no medical exam life insurance?
At SelectQuote, we have more than 35 years of experience in helping millions of families find the life insurance that works for them. If you don’t qualify for no medical exam life insurance, we can help you find an insurance policy that’s right for you at a price that works within your budget, including additional accelerated underwriting options. Whether it’s a traditional term life insurance policy or another no medical exam policy, we can help you find the right coverage for your needs from the trusted insurance carriers we work with.
Find Same-Day Life Insurance with SelectQuote Today
In just minutes, we can help you compare your options for life insurance and find the policy that fits your needs, including no medical exam life insurance. You may be able to find same-day coverage up to $2 million at an affordable price.
Skip the medical exam and see if you qualify for instant life insurance with SelectQuote today.